Articles on this Page
- 07/07/16--12:08: _Comment on Proposed...
- 07/07/16--12:12: _Comment on More Rub...
- 07/07/16--15:06: _Comment on More Rub...
- 07/07/16--20:59: _Comment on Question...
- 07/08/16--04:29: _Comment on Is JoVE ...
- 07/08/16--06:13: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 07/08/16--06:22: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 07/08/16--06:27: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 07/08/16--07:16: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 07/08/16--08:47: _Comment on More Rub...
- 07/08/16--09:19: _Comment on More Rub...
- 07/08/16--10:08: _Comment on The Weak...
- 07/08/16--21:03: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 07/09/16--00:01: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 07/09/16--03:31: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 07/09/16--05:35: _Comment on Appeals ...
- 07/09/16--10:24: _Comment on Appeals ...
- 07/09/16--13:35: _Comment on Appeals ...
- 07/09/16--13:39: _Comment on Appeals ...
- 07/12/16--02:25: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 07/07/16--15:06: Comment on More Rubbish from Hyderabad: Peertechz by Bonbon
- 07/08/16--04:29: Comment on Is JoVE Just Another Spammer? by Aaron Beedle
- 07/08/16--09:19: Comment on More Rubbish from Hyderabad: Peertechz by Schmuck
- 07/08/16--10:08: Comment on The Weaknesses of Journal Whitelists by Toma Buba
- 07/08/16--21:03: Comment on Beall’s List of Predatory Publishers 2016 by Jennifer
- 07/09/16--05:35: Comment on Appeals by Brunilda Beleraj
- 07/09/16--10:24: Comment on Appeals by Jeffrey Beall
- 07/09/16--13:35: Comment on Appeals by brunilda beleraj
- 07/09/16--13:39: Comment on Appeals by Jeffrey Beall
- 07/12/16--02:25: Comment on Beall’s List of Predatory Publishers 2016 by Dan
Clayton and Luke,
I have attended an IAFOR conference and had the opposite experience. Presentations were decent and the keynotes were good. Moreover, the keynote and featured presenters attended many of the smaller sessions and mentored us. I agree that some of the small session presenters’ English was not always easy to undrstand, but that is common at many academic conferences and the substance was decent and the presenters generally had helpful powerpoints. Not sure which conference you attended, but it was certainly unlike the one I attended.
Greetings for the day. We have had Peertechz related resources listed since April 2015 and continue to add more as new stuff comes in. For example, today, the “mailspamprotection.com” service offered by SiteGround was added. They know about it and choose to ignore it, so we do the needful and list them so that you all would not need to receive this spam.
I think “Peertechz” is more likely to represent “Peer” + “tech” + “z” (i.e., the “cool” version of “s”) than “Peer” + “Teach”.
I got the exact same emails from Kateryna Beilka. I was replying her email, and all of sudden I felt something is weird. I’m so glad that I googled her name before I complete my email. Thanks for this post!
I have to speak up to defend JoVE.
Certainly, sending out a JoVE manuscript solicitation re a non-experimental paper is a ridiculous mistake on JoVE’s part. But aside from that error, they have some excellent articles/videos that are very helpful when setting up new experiments by having experts provide VERY in-depth protocols and creating videos so one can see how the experiment is done. In this time of the “reproducibility crisis”, JoVE articles make a very important contribution to increase consistency and reduce variability across labs with their published methods. It’s a fantastic resource for students.
I was asked to do a video a couple of years ago, and I declined because of cost. But, I was asked again recently and accepted. There are some absolute top labs in my field that have published JoVE articles, which was a big factor in my accepting their invitation this time (despite the cost). I currently have a manuscript under review with JoVE. I can attest that their editorial review and peer review are both valid and extensive.
Now, I just today received a publication request from “SAGE research methods video”. This looks very much like a predatory knock-off of JoVE…
While I will delete it, I will still do my best to maintain some polite discourse by not inviting anyone to “die in a fire”, as above.
tell me please the status of international journal of scientific and technology research,insight publishing http://www.ijstr.org. i am ready to submit my article for them
I hadn’t heard of this journal before. After analyzing it, I have added it to my list. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
This journal is included on my list <a href="https://scholarlyoa.com/individual-journals/" target="_blank">here</a>. I recommend you not submit any papers to it and instead find a stronger journal for your work. This journal is completely bogus.
This journal is published by the so-called “Academy of Business and Retail Management (ABRM),” and this publisher is on my list of questionable publishers. I recommend you avoid all their journals and conferences.
[…] More Rubbish from Hyderabad: Peertechz Jeffrey Beall […]
“Greetings for the day” sounds like the daily email I have been getting to participate in some conference or to submit a paper about subjects I may or may not know a thing about.
You never consider the problems with the white list, which is the basic reason for the existence and increase in the blacklist.
I just realize the journal I submitted and got accepted last month belongs to the publisher on your list. When I submitted last year, it wasn’t on your list. I tried to contact them asking to retract the paper, and are waiting for their response. Normally, is it possible to retract the paper? Thank you.
I did not signed anything. But they send me a Copyright policy together with the acceptance letter, which they drafted saying that the copyright is theirs. In my mind, is this even the correct practice? Should it be that I will stamped my signature FIRST before they will consider the article as theirs to publish? The mere fact that I did NOT sign anything means that I have not given them the RIGHT to publish my article, right?
I have already submitted the article to this second publisher but in a completely different tone. So if worse comes to worst, will this work against me? Shall I just inform the second publisher that the article which I had previously submitted was predatory and I made repeated request to refrain them from publishing the article due to indications of predatory behavior?
Please help me on this.
Ideally, a publisher should allow an author to withdraw a submission before it is published.
Plaese can you tell my Why the Academic Organization for Advancement of Strategic and International Studies (Academic OASIS) is on yor list???
Because I want to warn people to avoid it.
Thanks a alot! THE International Journal of Scientific & Technology Research seems to bee a good one? Am I right!
No, it's completely bogus. I have it included on my list <a href="https://scholarlyoa.com/individual-journals/" target="_blank">here</a>.
Thank you for your efforts.
Is the following journal considered as a predatory journal, International Journal of Advances in Computer Science and Technology? It belongs to The World Academy of Research in Science and Engineering (WARSE) publisher.
I’d like to know whether this journal is a good one or not. I found two websites for it, which are the following:
So is it a good journal?