Articles on this Page
- 08/13/16--03:33: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 08/13/16--04:19: _Comment on New “Swe...
- 08/13/16--05:19: _Comment on New “Swe...
- 08/13/16--06:38: _Comment on List of ...
- 08/13/16--06:53: _Comment on List of ...
- 08/13/16--23:13: _Comment on Does Eve...
- 08/14/16--02:16: _Comment on New “Swe...
- 08/14/16--06:47: _Comment on Three Ne...
- 08/15/16--02:19: _Comment on Bogus Ir...
- 08/15/16--04:07: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 08/15/16--05:46: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 08/15/16--07:17: _Comment on A Totall...
- 08/15/16--08:55: _Comment on Other pa...
- 08/15/16--08:57: _Comment on Bogus Ir...
- 08/15/16--11:56: _Comment on Oncotarg...
- 08/15/16--12:18: _Comment on List of ...
- 08/15/16--17:27: _Comment on List of ...
- 08/15/16--17:30: _Comment on Another ...
- 08/16/16--00:49: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 08/16/16--01:29: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 08/13/16--06:38: Comment on List of Predatory Publishers 2014 by Muhammad Ummair
- 08/13/16--06:53: Comment on List of Predatory Publishers 2014 by Jeffrey Beall
- 08/15/16--04:07: Comment on Beall’s List of Predatory Publishers 2015 by wika
- 08/15/16--08:55: Comment on Other pages by Jeffrey Beall
- 08/15/16--11:56: Comment on Oncotarget’s Peer Review is Highly Questionable by Graddy
- 08/15/16--12:18: Comment on List of Predatory Publishers 2014 by Hariem
- 08/15/16--17:27: Comment on List of Predatory Publishers 2014 by Jeffrey Beall
- 08/16/16--00:49: Comment on Beall’s List of Predatory Publishers 2016 by Chacha
- 08/16/16--01:29: Comment on Beall’s List of Predatory Publishers 2016 by Badri K.C
I suggest you not send any papers to this journal, which is now on my <a href="https://scholarlyoa.com/individual-journals/" target="_blank">list</a>.
Thanks, I learned something new. Apparently, the, Green Earth is part of the Asian Association, and three dubious publishers merge in these journals. I wonder how they share any profits out of the journals.
The non-AARF journals in that list of SSP outlets are also of interest. Most of them come from the “International Journals of Multidimensional Research” —
— but not exclusively so, for there is also “International Journal of Drug Regulatory Affairs (IJDRA)”, and “International Archives of Integrated Medicine (IAIM)”, which have their own independent websites.
As Matthew P notes, SSP has pirated the original journals’ websites and archives, and presents itself as the parent company of these existing publishers and free-standing journals. It certainly looks like journal-jacking on a previously unfamiliar scale.
In the case of the “Associated Asia Research Foundation” (a guy operating out of Yamunanaga), AARF actually claims SSP as an associate. Presumably they are aware of the situation, and happy with it.
Sir , please tell me one more thing that in this case my research paper would be valid to submit to another publisher . I want to say that would i switch the publisher??
With an honest publisher, you don’t need to give a reason. If you have transferred copyright to them, it’s much more complicated.
Indian predatory journals simply reflect the downward spiral of the Indian educational system. While there are some old reputable institutions exist in India, most of the new universities and ‘self-financing’ collages are run for profit but without any ethics. The power of the academics from the old state universities shifted to politicians. Even in the eighties, university vice-chancellor positions were given to the highest bidder. State university positions are often sold. Systemic corruption & disregard to merit are very common in both state and private higher educational institutions in India. Education did help many to get out of the cycle of poverty but good, internationally recognizable education remains elusive.
<i>Apparently, the, Green Earth is part of the Asian Association</i>
And also vice versa. The idea seems to be that the Green Earth Research side of the scam is more of a <i>network</i>, an aggregator that recognises worthy (and "independent") publishers and lends them its own credibility. Thus the GE site does not publish the GE journals that take its name, instead linking to the sites of the totally independent AARF entity that *does* publish them.
Great work – keep it up. This stuff makes it really hard for those of us who are running real journals without a super high profile to be seen – the journal I edit has been going for 28 years (even longer under its previous title). We focus on a specific part of the world but would like to be seen by a wider audience and we do it the hard way, getting onto recognized indexes, etc. – but these guys make it harder than it should be because most academics these days will simply delete (or mark as spam) a call for papers from a journal they haven’t heard of. I know I do.
The other huge negative is that authors from developing countries who need to start their way up the greasy slope can get suckered into wasting their work on these scams – and then think this is the standard. I have had some really bad papers submitted to my journal from authors who have learnt their craft this way.
What about the journal “International journal of Advanced and Applied Science”. It is also covered under Emerging Source Citation Index.
“Journal of Applied Mathematics by Hindawi”
Is this journal a predator or not?
Thank you in advance
The publisher Hindawi is not on my list at this time.
IJCA is not there, I hope it is not, sent one paper.
I agree, and I have now added this journal to the standalone journal list.
Thanks for the notice.
I have this journal included on my list <a href="https://scholarlyoa.com/individual-journals/" target="_blank">here</a>, and I recommend that you not submit any papers to it.
I recommend against using "Emerging sources" as a whitelist, as this database is full of junk journals.
I got a similar email asking me to review a paper. I though exactly the same as you. I have never received such solicitation before, this clearly bends the peer-review process.
Many thanks for your advices Mr. Beall.
what is your opinion about European Journal of Business and Social Sciences in Zurich? aren’t they predatory?
This journal is included on my list <a href="https://scholarlyoa.com/individual-journals/" target="_blank">here</a>. In my opinion, researchers should not send papers to this journal. I would recommend they find a better journal for their work.
Please anyone has experience with Knowledge Association of Taiwan? Thank you
Please help me, I received an email from Lambert Academic Publishing (https://www.lap-publishing.com/) inviting me to submit a thesis, dissertation or monograph after they saw my published papers on aflatoxin and fumonisin. Do you think this publisher is a genuine one.
Thank you so much for these lists for it is very beneficial for those who want their research paper, to choose the genuine journal.
My general inquiry is –
a. If the journal was in your list in 2013 or 2014 but not in 2016, can we assume that the journal is authentic now.
b. If the publication group is in predatory list this year should all the journals that publishing house releases be assumed as predatory journals ?
Please make me clear.