Articles on this Page
- 08/26/16--03:50: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 08/26/16--03:55: _Comment on Appeals ...
- 08/26/16--07:03: _Comment on Question...
- 08/26/16--08:44: _Comment on List of ...
- 08/26/16--09:42: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 08/26/16--13:17: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 08/26/16--14:17: _Comment on Does Eve...
- 08/26/16--22:37: _Comment on August’s...
- 08/27/16--00:49: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 08/27/16--05:18: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 08/27/16--10:22: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 08/27/16--21:26: _Comment on Appeals ...
- 08/28/16--08:22: _Comment on Ongoing ...
- 08/28/16--23:20: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 08/29/16--00:39: _Comment on David Pu...
- 08/29/16--02:32: _Comment on Ongoing ...
- 08/29/16--04:21: _Comment on Appeals ...
- 08/29/16--07:06: _Comment on Lambert ...
- 08/29/16--07:07: _Comment on Does Eve...
- 08/29/16--07:44: _Comment on Appeals ...
- 08/26/16--03:55: Comment on Appeals by Jeffrey Beall
- 08/26/16--08:44: Comment on List of Predatory Publishers 2014 by chucky
- 08/26/16--09:42: Comment on Beall’s List of Predatory Publishers 2015 by Mathew16
- 08/26/16--13:17: Comment on Beall’s List of Predatory Publishers 2015 by Andy
- 08/27/16--10:22: Comment on Beall’s List of Predatory Publishers 2015 by Andy
- 08/27/16--21:26: Comment on Appeals by Joseph Chidi
- 08/28/16--23:20: Comment on Beall’s List of Predatory Publishers 2016 by SABA, T.M
- 08/29/16--02:32: Comment on Ongoing Questions about PLOS ONE’s Peer Review by Ari
- 08/29/16--04:21: Comment on Appeals by Origany
- 08/29/16--07:06: Comment on Lambert Academic Publishing: A Must to Avoid by No Fool
- 08/29/16--07:44: Comment on Appeals by Jeffrey Beall
Usually these journals prosper for a time, often supported on the enthusiasm of a single person. When that person moves away, the journal typically withers and dies. Be wary of any open-access journal published by a university, especially new ones. They might be quite good for a time, but after several years they may end up abandoned.
This journal is published by “Natural Sciences Publishing,” a publisher that is included on my list. I recommend researchers avoid all journals from this publisher.
I limit my work to identifying low-quality and predatory journals and cannot identify trusted ones.
Got the same, from “Dr. Lisseth Tovar”, and marked it as spam.
Here is the link: http://www.symbiosisonlinepublishing.com/nutritionalhealth-foodscience/
As for this Indian Journal of Science and Technology, I just got this from its Editor;
“In light of your expertise, we have taken the liberty of registering your name in the reviewer database for Indian Journal of Science and Technology. This does not entail any form of commitment on your part, but simply enables us to approach you with a submission to possibly review. On being invited to review, you will have an opportunity to see the title and abstract of the paper in question, and you’ll always be in a position to accept or decline the invitation. You can also ask at any point to have your name removed from this reviewer list.
We are providing you with a username and password, which is used in all interactions with the journal through its website. You may wish, for example, to update your profile, including your reviewing interests.”
So now, we get listed in a reviewer database without any input from us, whether we like it or not!
Dear Prof Beall;
What do you think of the journal “Annals of Infectious Disease and Epidemiology”? . I have received a mail inviting me to be Member of
their Editorial Board. Thanks for your advice
I always check scholarlyoa to keep me update about potential predatory journals. Most of your posts Mr. Jeff are really helpful and its a great service that you’re doing exposing gold digger publishers in this blog. However, this post is unbelievable racist. Not only you written a completely misleading title as you also generalized an entire nation of scamming pratices.
Well, with a bit of luck, that FCT lawsuit against OMICS group will have some impact:
. Thank you so much for your response. Well noted. I want to know whether these university based journals could be considered as predatory.
This journal is published by Remedy Publications. I have this publisher on my list <a href="http://Annals of Infectious Disease and Epidemiology" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">here</a>. I strongly recommend you decline or ignore this invitation.
Please check for the correct spelling of the word you used (i.e. …”cheaf”)
I agree that PLOS is having trouble with uniform standards. I reviewed for them once, and both reviewers had serious questions about the article. They published it without a re-review. I will never review (or publish, which I have) with them again.
Please tell us journals that are good.
Thanks for this thread here. I smelled everything was not OK with their mail. My conference presentation was published just one week ago. Luckily I found this page before I dwelled deeper into that spam mail with a pdf attachment and a request of sending an email-receipt.
I agree with some of the people that wrote above. I am an editor for PLoS One and take my duties in it very seriously. Its always hard to find reviewers, always. So I allow the system to search for me, but I never take it for granted, I always pubmed the suggestions to see if they are appropriate. But if one of the editors, 5000 to your count does not do that, its his/her fault, and does not make the journal a spammer.
Oriental Journal of Chemistry is very fast peer reviewed for publication (like no peer review). The publication fee of 399 USD. is too expensive. Please check it http://www.orientjchem.org/. Yes, It indexed in SCOPUS and ESCI but they said that it also indexed in ISI, Is this the true data?
I just received a solicitation from them for a 20 year old dissertation, like anyone is going to read it.
Sir I liked your hard work but as far as this post is concern you must change the title.
I have one question for you do you think that only American or European publish original research that is far away what you understand as reality. Those so called publishers have discrimination for researchers from Asian and African countries and reject good research work at the same time they publish substandard work from American and European countries.
To get our work publish in so called reputed journals we have to add a author name from American and European countries. Do you think is it possible to carry out and experiment in collaboration between two people who are far far away from each other but this is truth.
Please don’t generalize any country and change the title
The only Thomson Reuters database this journal is included in is Emerging Sources Citation Index, which has pretty low standards.