- RSS Channel Showcase 4366971
- RSS Channel Showcase 5527058
- RSS Channel Showcase 3800521
- RSS Channel Showcase 8558923
Articles on this Page
- 08/31/16--10:29: _Comment on New Open...
- 08/31/16--12:47: _Comment on Ongoing ...
- 08/31/16--14:07: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 09/01/16--07:22: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 09/01/16--07:57: _Comment on Scholarl...
- 09/01/16--07:59: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 09/01/16--08:31: _Comment on Lambert ...
- 09/01/16--08:53: _Comment on USF Asso...
- 09/01/16--08:55: _Comment on USF Asso...
- 09/01/16--12:45: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 09/01/16--12:50: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 09/01/16--13:04: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 09/01/16--13:43: _Comment on USF Asso...
- 09/02/16--07:20: _Comment on Misleadi...
- 09/02/16--08:14: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 09/02/16--09:03: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 09/02/16--09:09: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 09/02/16--09:46: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 09/02/16--11:29: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 09/02/16--11:36: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 08/31/16--12:47: Comment on Ongoing Questions about PLOS ONE’s Peer Review by Wayne
- 09/01/16--12:45: Comment on Beall’s List of Predatory Publishers 2016 by Barry
- 09/01/16--13:04: Comment on Beall’s List of Predatory Publishers 2016 by Barry
- 09/02/16--07:20: Comment on Misleading Metrics by Ramkumar
- 09/02/16--08:14: Comment on Beall’s List of Predatory Publishers 2016 by manal
- 09/02/16--11:29: Comment on Beall’s List of Predatory Publishers 2016 by otto
- 09/02/16--11:36: Comment on Beall’s List of Predatory Publishers 2016 by Sam
Yup. Just got this solicitation. The grammar was terrible. First clue. The moment I Googled, I found this post. Thanks. Confirms everything.
Tim Bechtel, Franklin & Marshall College
I've published a couple papers in PLoS One and always found the reviews I received to be as rigorous as any I've faced in other journals.
I have added the following two low-quality journals to my list:
G-Journal of Environmental Science and Technology (GJEST)
G-Journal of Education, Social Science and Humanities (GJESH)
Thank you for bringing them to my attention.
please help me confirm if this journal is a predatory..... International journal of applied and basic medical research. a journal of basic medical Scientist association.
I never said all research articles published "out of India are of low quality." This is your statement, not mine.
This is one of hundreds of marginal journals published by Wolters Kluwer - Medknow. It's not predatory, but I would encourage you to aim higher.
[…] Lambert Academic Publishing: A Must to Avoid […]
Considering that Mark is an associate dean from the University of South Florida (USF), these journals may just be trying to build credibility by getting him on the editorial board. This to me is a good way to go about it instead of using quacks.
In this day of increasing multidisciplinary research the distances and relationship between disciplines or areas of specialisation is narrowing with the lines blurring so, Mark cannot be faulted on this.
My opinion is that, Mark should be commended especially if he is doing a very professional editorial job on these journals
Should we "commend" him for the spam email also?
I am started to get really concerned at the number of journals tagged as being published by predatory publishers by this blog but also being indexed in Emerging Sources Citation Index (Thomson Reuters Web of Science). Dr. Beall, have you started to notice this phenomenon and are you expecting to write a blog entry about this? I'm getting spam emails now where they indicate the indexing in the Emerging Sources Citation Index as legitimizing these journals.
In fact, I did address this earlier <a href="https://scholarlyoa.com/2016/01/28/bogus-iran-based-journal-allows-up-to-40-plagiarism/" target="_blank">in this blog post</a>. Thank you.
Ahh yes. Thank you.
At the least, it's very unusual to have an associate-level administrative appointment *and* to be involved with that many journals. That is a workload that would be very difficult to adequately manage.
Dear Jeffrey Beall
You are simply giving wrong information to authors. I totally disagree your statement
Journal of Medicine and Medical Research and Journal of Microbiology Research and Reviews
are these also hijacked journals
Hello! I received a suspicious email from "Advances in Plants & Agriculture Research"
I didn't see an email forwarding option listed on this site, but I think that would be helpful for crowd sourcing the project!
This journal is published by a predatory publisher called MedCrave. I have this publisher on my list <a href="https://scholarlyoa.com/publishers/" target="_blank">here</a>. I strongly recommend you avoid all this publisher's journals. I am happy to receive your forwarded emails: email@example.com Thank you.
These are not hijacked journals, but they are low-quality or predatory journals. The publisher is called Discourse Journals. I recommend you not send any papers to any of this publisher's journals. Please find a better publisher.
Thanks for your work hard. I have a question about Predatory Publishers. how can i check predatory publisher list 2015? I think predatory publisher list show only update list (list 2016).
How about the Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences (IJPS) - http://www.ijpsonline.com/aboutus.html ? I notice that it has a similar name to journals like http://ijpbr.in/ and http://www.ijpsrjournal.com/index.php which you have identified as predatory.
(As this is, for once, actually my field I can say that the articles are a mixed bag, but so are the articles in Nature).