- RSS Channel Showcase 7172802
- RSS Channel Showcase 1686728
- RSS Channel Showcase 8609510
- RSS Channel Showcase 4168879
Articles on this Page
- 09/09/16--12:37: _Comment on USF Asso...
- 09/09/16--12:47: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 09/09/16--13:52: _Comment on Open-Acc...
- 09/09/16--19:37: _Comment on Open-Acc...
- 09/09/16--21:13: _Comment on Open-Acc...
- 09/09/16--23:59: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 09/10/16--05:09: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 09/10/16--05:12: _Comment on Another ...
- 09/10/16--05:35: _Comment on Open-Acc...
- 09/10/16--06:18: _Comment on Open Acc...
- 09/10/16--06:39: _Comment on Open-Acc...
- 09/10/16--13:56: _Comment on Open-Acc...
- 09/10/16--16:05: _Comment on Open-Acc...
- 09/11/16--06:35: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 09/11/16--08:14: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 09/11/16--08:20: _Comment on Research...
- 09/11/16--08:27: _Comment on Research...
- 09/11/16--08:29: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 09/11/16--15:21: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 09/11/16--17:47: _Comment on Open-Acc...
- 09/09/16--12:47: Comment on Beall’s List of Predatory Publishers 2016 by Michael
- 09/10/16--06:18: Comment on Open Access is Giving Taxonomy a Bad Name by Barry
- 09/11/16--08:20: Comment on Research by Thamara Gunasekare
- 09/11/16--08:27: Comment on Research by Jeffrey Beall
pl attend ur own business.
As much as you trying to share the information accordingly to your criteria, which l think is overly simple and opportunistic. The fact that you focusing on OA means you have a hidden agenda of protecting mainly subscribe journals that you are part of. OA is reducing a number of scholars from being preyed upon by western journals. There is a lot of good research in some of the listed journals. But, you choose to avoid screening a number of bogus journals some which do not want to share serious findings in developing countries. For instance, findings pointing that the US government is exploiting people through its USAiD program won't be published by Wiley, Springer,Elsevier which are financed by western government. Unfortunately, your list won't stop scholars from getting the truth. If you genuine, why avoid the subscribed publishers and journals ? Otherwise, you just one loser, anyone can come with a criteria, and funny enough those subscribed journals are the one exploiting universities in developing countries. Let people share information, and how does that affect you? So where you publish that's non predatory? Wonder who gave you a voice as High court judge for journals
"Low standard predatory publishers are basically thieves and thieves don’t have any religion or country."
Let me express my doubts on this one. Low standard publishers may simply be low standard publishers. If the publishers' local or national authorities do not prosecute or restrict their practice in any way, their business activity must be legal or at least informally acceptable in their place of the registration.
Another journal which charge membership fees to join editorial board
I said low standard "predatory" journal my friend.
. Please check on these journals for me. Journal of Energy Technology and Policy and Journal of Marketing and Consumer Research
These journals (for the first one I assume you really mean <em>Journal of Energy Technologies and Policy</em>) are published by IISTE, a publisher included on my list. I recommend you not submit any papers to these two journals or any others from this publisher.
Is Mark Kindy on the editorial board?
They already closed the website, may be just for some time. The most funny thing is that one of the former editors "Sanchez Ocharan", already have more than 18000 reads in his Research gate profile, being the most "read" author in Peru!!!!, but almost no publications in HI journals. Funny: more than 1100 reads in one week, for one poster called something like "10 species in Peru" or something. Of course, Nobody will suspect that somebody is "clicking" and "clicking" his own profile just to have an high number of "reads". Anyway, Impact factor less than 3%.
[…] journal would be happy to have you on its editorial board, as long as you pay for the privilege. (Jeffrey […]
"I said low standard “predatory” journal my friend."
I see, I skipped "predatory" since this is an emotionally charged adjective, leading away from an objective view, I am afraid. If "predatory" means something like "misrepresenting", is there no semantically neutral and unequivocal synonym? (The notion of "predatory" publishers may eventually contribute to the viability of low standard commercial publishers, a handy excuse for their clients for publishing with them or paying for an editorial board listing.)
<i>some journals also charges editorial board membership fees</i>
I for one would welcome further examples.
Yes, I recommend you not send any papers to either journal.
The second one is from the publisher IDOSI, which is on my list of questionable publishers. I recommend you avoid all journals from this publisher.
Dear Prof. Beall
Thank you so much for your list.
Here is an example of how you help me....
I am a medical librarian in a hospital, and my docs get emails from legit and non-legit journals asking them to publish with them....
So for instance one of my docs asked me about
The World Journals of Medical and Surgical Case Reports (ISSN 2320 –2432). Sounds pretty good, right?
Well, I found the "publisher" on your list of possible predators, so I decided to look into it.... and this is how I did it and what I found.
All I can say is.... they really invest in these SCAMS!
1) Narain Publishers Pvt. Ltd (NPPL) is on the list of SUSPECTED PREDATORY PUBLISHERS.
So this got me really curious.
2) The so-called editor-in-chief of this journal is Dr. Monika Roychoudhury of PRINCETON, USA (see below)
Sounds like she's from Princeton University – a very prestigious school. Right? Well…. NO!
So I looked up this "Editor in chief" online and found this….
3) The Internet says:
"Dr. Monika Roychowdhury is a pathologist in Boston, Massachusetts and is affiliated with Princeton Community Hospital. She received her medical degree from Banaras Hindu University Institute of Medicine and has been in practice between 11-20 years. She is one of 2 doctors at Princeton Community Hospital who specialize in Pathology."
She received her degree from the 'very well known' (hmmmm…) Banaras Hindu University and she practice in Boston at PRINCETON Community Hospital.
Hey, wait a minute – I'm from Boston and I've never heard of Princeton Community Hospital.
4) So I look up Princeton Community Hospital and I find…..
Princeton Community Hospital
Address: 122 Twelfth Street, Princeton, West Virginia 24740, United States
Look at that! It's in West Virginia! WOW! She commutes from Boston to West Virginia!!!!!!!!!
That would be a real feat, except that………
5) THERE IS NO MONIKA ROYCHOWDHURY EMPLOYED AT PRINCETON COMMUNITY HOSPITAL!!!
WHAT A SURPRISE! A total scam!
6) So…. Just for good measure I look up this Banaras Hindu University, and guess what….. NO MEDICINE!!!!
Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
Promotes the study of the Hindu shastras and Sanskrit literature, with learning and research in arts and science.
Dear Dr, Beall,
What is your recommendation in publishing in TIJOSS. It is having a journal call International journal of Social science. According to my knowledge currently it is not in your list. I am hoping to send my article to this International journal of Social Science. Please advice me.
Actually, I have this journal -- <em>The International Journal of Social Sciences</em> (TIJOSS) -- included on my standalone journal list <a href="https://scholarlyoa.com/individual-journals/" target="_blank">here</a>. I strongly recommend that you not send any papers to this journal.
Wow -- excellent investigative work! Thank you for sharing this.
The information that Banaras Hindu University has no medical college is inaccurate. It does have a fairly highly rated medical institute
Now, I visited the Journal Pages & presently it not charges any Editorial Board Member ship fees & even the publication fees is nominal. It is a quality journal.