- RSS Channel Showcase 8088902
- RSS Channel Showcase 7727843
- RSS Channel Showcase 2079468
- RSS Channel Showcase 9607488
Articles on this Page
- 10/05/16--04:38: _Comment on Scam Pub...
- 10/05/16--06:47: _Comment on List of ...
- 10/05/16--07:05: _Comment on List of ...
- 10/05/16--07:08: _Comment on List of ...
- 10/06/16--03:34: _Comment on List of ...
- 10/06/16--04:03: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 10/06/16--07:08: _Comment on Watch Ou...
- 10/06/16--09:12: _Comment on Four New...
- 10/06/16--10:13: _Comment on Appeals ...
- 10/06/16--10:13: _Comment on Article ...
- 10/06/16--10:21: _Comment on Appeals ...
- 10/06/16--10:22: _Comment on Article ...
- 10/06/16--10:32: _Comment on Four New...
- 10/06/16--10:36: _Comment on About Th...
- 10/07/16--03:36: _Comment on Everythi...
- 10/07/16--03:42: _Comment on Combinin...
- 10/07/16--04:29: _Comment on Four New...
- 10/07/16--05:12: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 10/07/16--06:36: _Comment on Scam Pub...
- 10/07/16--06:45: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 10/05/16--06:47: Comment on List of Predatory Publishers 2014 by Sherief Abd-Elsalam
- 10/05/16--07:05: Comment on List of Predatory Publishers 2014 by Keith
- 10/05/16--07:08: Comment on List of Predatory Publishers 2014 by Keith
- 10/06/16--03:34: Comment on List of Predatory Publishers 2014 by Wim Crusio
- 10/06/16--10:13: Comment on Appeals by Muhammad Afzal
- 10/06/16--10:21: Comment on Appeals by Jeffrey Beall
- 10/07/16--05:12: Comment on Beall’s List of Predatory Publishers 2016 by Biny
Yeah, I know. More precisely, Allied Academies has signed a contract with OMICS International, a stupid business decision by this business publisher. If any publisher should know how to run a business, it should be this one. Now Allied Academies will be changing its name to "Allied Business Academies" to hide from its bad decision. Also, the head of Allied Academies is bashing me, punishing me for his company's poor business practices, and his editors in chief have bullied me.
l have 2 papers published in british journal of microbiology research journal
in science domain
will it be indexed in Pubmed??
ScienceDomain is listed on Jeffrey's current list ( https://scholarlyoa.com/publishers/ ), so probably not.
Open-access journals (i.e. ones who make articles available to the public for free) generally have to charge a fee in order to support themselves. Subscription journals (i.e. ones where readers or their organization have to pay to access content) generally do not charge for publication.
I find it rather troubling that Scopus would include a journal like that... Their website is downright amateurish using rather cripple English. It also claims an impact factor of 5.121, which I sincerely doubt even gets near its real value (if they had one, but Thomson Reuters does not list this journal, not even in its infamous Emerging Sources Citation Index).
It is not fake, but it is also not a strong journal. Though published by Elsevier (under contract), this journal needs to improve.
Thank you for such an informative message. I was getting some message to be a Editorial member of the journal.
Has there been any further news about the FTC's lawsuit against OMICS (mistakenly spelled OMCIS at the beginning of this post)? Another commenter said the FTC was supposed to comment this week on OMICS' poorly written response to their accusations ( https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3115807-OMICS-response-to-FTA-lawsuit.html ), but this doesn't seem to have happened yet.
what about science Internationale-lahore
Dear Dr. Beall
would you please check about this publisher MDPI which have many journals
the link below:
This journal is on my list, and I recommend you not send any papers to it.
Yes, I have checked this publisher before. Many people ask me about it. They find it fishy.
This publisher was on my list for a little under two years. It is not on my list now. Still, I would recommend you find a stronger publisher for your work.
I have corrected the typo, thank you for the alert.
I also received the same spam today.
One issue is that it's an overly general title. It's all very well for long-standing "most important papers" journals with large editorial teams and access to top peer reviewers, like the actual Nature and Science, but a poorly edited start-up journal calling itself something so generalized just smells of "We'll print anything". A start-up journal would be better off sticking to a narrower field (preferably one that doesn't already have over 9000 journals dedicated to it) so that it only needs editors and peer reviewers with expertise in that field.
(I'm still waiting to see a naff journal calling itself the Journal of Physics, Chemistry and Biology, though there probably already is one.)
The <em>Journal of Global Business Management</em> is on my standalone (independent) journal list <a href="https://scholarlyoa.com/individual-journals/" target="_blank">here</a>. I recommend that you <strong>not</strong> submit your research papers to this journal. I recommend you find a stronger journal for your work.
Hi Nick. Thanks, yes, I actually already have that publisher on my <a href="https://scholarlyoa.com/publishers/" target="_blank">list</a>. Thanks for checking.
I have received one email from "Science Advisory Board" regarding the invitation to become editorial board member. I want to know whether it is predatory or not. I am sending you the detailed email for your review.
The Science Advisory Board invites you to join a global community of scientific professionals to collaborate on shaping the future of science and technology.
Established in 1997, The Science Advisory Board is an international community of science and medical experts.
Members advise and consult major life science companies and earn honoraria for their feedback.
Only professionals working in a scientific field are permitted to join.
Our clients include industry leaders such as GE Healthcare, Roche, Merck, Thermofisher, Roche, Illumina, etc.
We have pre-identified you as a scientist. If you answer the brief demographical questionnaire by clicking on the link below, you will be automatically approved as a Science Advisory Board member. Membership is free and gives you access to paid consulting & job opportunities.
Time to complete: 1-3 minutes
Please note that we never release our members' personal or contact information without explicit consent and we will never attempt to sell you anything.
Your personal opinions, expertise, and insights are all that we seek.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
The Science Advisory Board
2111 Wilson Blvd #250
Arlington, VA 22201
For questions about the application form, please visit www.ScienceBoard.net
If you would like to stop receiving emails from us, please Click Here
Or respond to this email with: UNSUBSCRIBE
As far as I know, it's still ongoing, but there have been no new communications by the FTC or OMICS since OMICS published their "go away u meaniez" attempt at rebuttal (see above).
I'm not sure.
I think I received the same email earlier this year and deleted it.