Articles on this Page
- 10/30/16--10:41: _Comment on Reviewer...
- 10/30/16--15:03: _Comment on IDOSI Jo...
- 10/31/16--02:46: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 10/31/16--03:32: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 10/31/16--07:54: _Comment on Appeals ...
- 10/31/16--08:28: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 10/31/16--08:35: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 10/31/16--08:36: _Comment on Peer Rev...
- 10/31/16--09:01: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 10/31/16--09:11: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 10/31/16--09:18: _Comment on Peer Rev...
- 10/31/16--09:41: _Comment on Proposed...
- 11/01/16--07:30: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 11/01/16--08:15: _Comment on Re-Launc...
- 11/01/16--08:37: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 11/01/16--09:07: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 11/01/16--10:13: _Comment on Strange,...
- 11/01/16--11:51: _Comment on Strange,...
- 11/01/16--11:56: _Comment on Strange,...
- 11/01/16--12:48: _Comment on Strange,...
- 10/30/16--15:03: Comment on IDOSI Journals No Longer to be Indexed in Scopus by Fadil
- 10/31/16--02:46: Comment on Beall’s List of Predatory Publishers 2016 by Rahul
- 10/31/16--07:54: Comment on Appeals by Harish
- 10/31/16--09:01: Comment on Beall’s List of Predatory Publishers 2016 by David
- 11/01/16--08:15: Comment on Re-Launched Swedish Journal Takes the Prize by Sash
- 11/01/16--11:51: Comment on Strange, New OA Publisher: BIOHOUSE by Greenester
- 11/01/16--11:56: Comment on Strange, New OA Publisher: BIOHOUSE by Greenester
- 11/01/16--12:48: Comment on Strange, New OA Publisher: BIOHOUSE by SM
Happy Diwali jefff
Why IDOSI still appears in Scimago?
Can you give me some insights on Cogent Engineering? It is a part of Taylor and Francis Publisher. But the journal doesn’t have an impact factor yet. I recently got a paper accepted by this journal but wanted to check the reliability of this journal.
Neither the journal <em>Cogent Engineering</em> nor the publisher Taylor & Francis is on my list at this time.
You have done a commendable work. Actually, in the tsunami of papers from predator journals, real and novel work reporting papers are dyeing. Anything and everything is getting accepted in these predator journals without any peer review and it is just for money!!
There are many more so called journals which are really predatory like:
1. International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning (iJET)
2. International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering
3. International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology
4. International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
5. International Journal of Renewable Energy Research-IJRER
6. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research.
7. Advanced Research in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Krishi Sanskriti Publishers
… and many more with international journal tag.
There are countless predatory journals!!!!!
Your list is still incomplete!!!!!!
i just want to confirm from you, if the following journals are in your list i.e predatory or not;
1. Gynecology & Obstetrics (sunnyvale)
2. International Journal of Current Research in Biosciences and Plant Biology,,published by excellent publishers
3. EC Gynaecology, published by Ecronicon
1. I am not sure which journal you are referring to. Can you send a link?
2. Excellent Publishers is on my list <a href="https://scholarlyoa.com/publishers/" target="_blank">here</a>. I recommend against submitting any work to any of this publisher's journals.
3. E-Cronicon is on my list <a href="https://scholarlyoa.com/publishers/" target="_blank">here</a>. I recommend against submitting any work to any of this publisher's journals.
Dear Mr. J. Beall Explain me – I think both of those journals are fine. (The Turkish Online Journal of Educational Technology)
but: https://scholarlyoa.com/individual-journals/ – there is:
Turkish Online Journal of Educational Technology (TOJET) – ISSN Old (1303 – 6521), New: (2146-7242)
Dear Dr. Beall,
Thanks for maintaining this useful resource. I’m plagued by emails from many of these journals. Do you have a download link to the full list? I would like to use it to mass-block all of these domains from sending emails to me.
Let me refer you here: <a href="http://www.scientificspam.net/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.scientificspam.net/</a>
My explanation: you either have some sort of stake in the journals or you have lower standards than I do. This journal is on my list, and I recommend you avoid it (and the expensive conferences associated with it). This journal is not about Ed Tech; it is about profit for the owner.
I also got an invite for a summit with them…. could you please share your experience with them in detail?
This journal is from Science PG (Science Publishing Group). I have this publisher included on my list <a href="https://scholarlyoa.com/publishers/" target="_blank">here</a>. It is a completely rubbish publisher. Do not send any papers to its journals.
here here, i feel that level of sociopolitical commentary out of step with the nature and intention of this site.
The link for the journal i referred to in 1 above (Gynecology & Obstetrics (sunnyvale)) is as follows;
Thank you for this wonderful job!
Thank you for this additional, clarifying information. This Gynecology & Obstetrics is from a publisher called OMICS International. It is a very dangerous publisher, and I strongly recommend that you not send any papers to this journal or the 700 other journals from this predatory publisher.
I dont think this journal based from Ashburn, Virginia. This is purely an Indian journal. All the published papers are published by single person with different names. Most of the authors are from India and especially from same college which is located in Hyderabad. Everything is bogus in this journal.
The easy and open market for money!
Most editorial members are based in one institution in India, another in Saudi Arabia (Abha) and a third in Egypt!
The so-called open access publishers are mushrooming for money, the easy money, nothing else.
Poor authors! Poor funds!
Open access should disappear from publishing, including in Elsevier, Springer and all the other so-called publishers.
The money spent on open access publishing to enrich a handful of people should be used to improve libraries and create new jobs but not to making some people billionaire. Knowledge should be free for all by default not against money paid!
This is also a proof that using ISSN or other identifiers is not a gauge of quality or notoriety.
Anyone can get and use ISSN or DOI for his journal against some money.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, the first and third articles are plagiarized, with minor word substitutions, from other journals.