- RSS Channel Showcase 2819811
- RSS Channel Showcase 9928108
- RSS Channel Showcase 5291631
- RSS Channel Showcase 9181753
Articles on this Page
- 12/07/16--12:19: _Comment on Mikhail ...
- 12/07/16--12:42: _Comment on Mikhail ...
- 12/07/16--13:46: _Comment on Mikhail ...
- 12/07/16--17:08: _Comment on Lambert ...
- 12/07/16--23:57: _Comment on Publishe...
- 12/08/16--01:58: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 12/08/16--03:36: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 12/09/16--02:03: _Comment on Appeals ...
- 12/09/16--02:32: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 12/09/16--02:52: _Comment on Appeals ...
- 12/09/16--02:55: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 12/09/16--03:32: _Comment on Appeals ...
- 12/09/16--03:35: _Comment on Appeals ...
- 12/09/16--03:55: _Comment on About th...
- 12/09/16--04:01: _Comment on Criteria...
- 12/09/16--04:57: _Comment on Appeals ...
- 12/09/16--05:12: _Comment on Appeals ...
- 12/09/16--07:36: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 12/09/16--08:18: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 12/09/16--11:15: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 12/07/16--12:19: Comment on Mikhail Blagosklonny’s Journal Aging: A Review by tekija
- 12/07/16--12:42: Comment on Mikhail Blagosklonny’s Journal Aging: A Review by tekija
- 12/07/16--13:46: Comment on Mikhail Blagosklonny’s Journal Aging: A Review by CN
- 12/07/16--23:57: Comment on Publisher Acts Suspiciously Like OMICS Group by JLI
- 12/09/16--02:03: Comment on Appeals by Pary.azize
- 12/09/16--02:52: Comment on Appeals by Jeffrey Beall
- 12/09/16--03:32: Comment on Appeals by Gonzalo Génova
- 12/09/16--03:35: Comment on Appeals by Jeffrey Beall
- 12/09/16--03:55: Comment on About the Author by Будьте осторожны!
- 12/09/16--04:57: Comment on Appeals by Pary.azize
- 12/09/16--05:12: Comment on Appeals by Jeffrey Beall
- 12/09/16--07:36: Comment on Beall’s List of Predatory Publishers 2016 by Tom
- 12/09/16--11:15: Comment on Beall’s List of Predatory Publishers 2016 by Dark
There are some interesting statistics about Oncotarget. The number of self-citations has grown from 58 in 2010 to 1192 in 2014, declining to 655 last year. The number of citable items on the other hand jumped from 198 in 2013 to 979 in 2014 and a whooping 3204 last year. This, of course, is eroding the impact factor, which was in 2015 down to 4.784, or 3.837 without self-citations. Over its existence, Oncotarget has cited Oncotarget 2516 times, the second most cited journal (PLoS One) has, in comparison, been cited 371 times.
In comparison, Aging published steadily a small number of papers, 82 in 2015. While Aging is not citing Oncotarget suspiciously often (it is 16th on the list), Oncotarget is the journal most frequently citing Aging, for 269 times which is about 40 percent of all citations. The second most citing journal is Aging itself, with 92 citations. The impact factor likewise is now falling, from 6.432 in 2014 to 3.979 in 2015.
Ah, it's nice to see fellow Russian speakers here. :) Given what's been happening in the post-Soviet academia, I'm surprised this great editor isn't demanding to be listed as a coauthor on top of citations.
[…] IS’. If a publisher is offering to do so, I would run in the other direction. Publishers (such as Lambert) that promise quick turn-arounds on your thesis with little to no edits are not going to help your […]
Hard to resist flatter, but I think I will this time. Here is what "Ellie" from Clinical and Diagnostic Pathology (CDP) wrote:
Dear [Name redacted],
Hope this email finds you in good health.
I am contacting you as we are admired with your profile. Your profile is well-suitable with our Journal scope and Classification. Our Editorial Team has gone through your previous publications which are well written and let the readers to get more knowledge in related field. Hope, submissions from eminent authors like you will definitely increase our journal standards.
We would like to publish your coming articles in our Journal Clinical and Diagnostic Pathology (CDP)
Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Pathology (CDP) is an international peer-reviewed journal; it publishes high quality open access articles (Research, Reviews, case reports, short communication, mini-review, conference proceedings, letter to editor and many more...) with a special emphasis on Pathology.
I would like to invite you to contribute any type of articles for upcoming issue. You can submit your submissions by attaching to this mail.
Awaiting for your response.
Feel free to contact us for further queries.
Thanks & Regards,
The journal isn't on the "List of Standalone Journals", so here is the link in case you (Jeffrey Beall) wish to add it: https://oatext.com/Clinical-and-Diagnostic-Pathology-CDP.php#Publication_Charges
Dear Mr Beall,
I would like to have your opinion about the International Journal of Pharmacovigilance.
We were contacted by email by the editor in chief:
Dr. Farhan Ahmad Khan
There is not any issue available on the website (archive neither).
Thank you very much. In addition, should we be aware of every journals associated with Symbiosis publishing house?
I just discover your website and your work on editor predator is really valuable.
I have the publisher Symbiosis included on my list <a href="https://scholarlyoa.com/publishers/" target="_blank">here</a>. I think it's completely bogus. I strongly recommend you not submit any papers to this publisher's journals.
Hello Dr. Beall
Can you please check whether journal of nursing & care is in your list or not please
In my opinion, this journal is not a predatory journal.
Yes, the <em>Journal of Nursing & Care</em> is on my list. It's a predatory journal. Its publisher is OMICS International, the worst of all publishers.
It's very difficult to analyze a conference just from a single call for papers. I don't really have enough information to make a judgment here. Note that conferences are not normally given ISSNs, so lacking one is not a sign of a low-quality conference.
I would like to know about MDPI (Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute), http://www.mdpi.com/. I checked your list of publishers but did not find it.
Their web site seems pretty exhaustive and transparent about the Publisher. The call for papers I have received states clearly from the start that published papers will be charged with 550 Swiss francs (aprox. 500 euro).
I don't like these model of scientific publishing, but my dislike does not mean that it is fake, dishonest or low quality.
MDPI used to be on my list but it's not on it now.
They have an office in Switzerland, but most of the editorial work is outsourced to China.
I regularly receive complaints about their peer review.
I find it to be borderline.
[…] «пробейте его по базе», созданной Джеффри Биллом (Jeffrey Beall) из Университета Денвера, шт. Колорадо, который […]
[…] с этим списком на сайте. А также прочитать критерии, по которым журнал открытого доступа может получить […]
Hello Dr. Beall
I looked at your list i havnt found the journal of nursing and care included in your list
I would also like to inform you that “Journal of Nursing & Care” is an open access journal with “Index Copernicus Value of 63.44”, ISSN: 2167-1168 and it also has publication charges.
Do i belive that please
Because there are so many individual journals, I only list the publishers whenever possible. When I list a publisher, this listing applies to all the journals from the publisher. In this case, I do have OMICS International on my list, the publisher of the journal you mention.
OMICS International is a horrible publisher that has victimized many researchers. I strongly recommend that you find a better publisher. The Index Copernicus value is completely bogus, and just having an ISSN does not make a journal legitimate. If you send a paper to this journal, you will regret it later, I predict.
Thank you for your continued hard work. I just received an invitation for AIMS Cell and Tissue Engineering. Seems like they are spreading their net a little wider now.
Yes, they are "aiming" at everyone. Thanks.
Dear Dr. Beall,
Is http://www.mecs-press.org/ijitcs/index.html a fake journal? Should i submit my paper in that journal or not?