- RSS Channel Showcase 1183783
- RSS Channel Showcase 2367577
- RSS Channel Showcase 6278346
- RSS Channel Showcase 6211184
Articles on this Page
- 01/05/17--03:40: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 01/05/17--04:01: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 01/05/17--04:18: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 01/05/17--07:51: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 01/05/17--07:54: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 01/05/17--08:12: _Comment on Standalo...
- 01/05/17--08:25: _Comment on Standalo...
- 01/05/17--08:28: _Comment on Standalo...
- 01/05/17--08:34: _Comment on Is It Ti...
- 01/05/17--08:42: _Comment on Is It Ti...
- 01/05/17--08:42: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 01/05/17--09:09: _Comment on Standalo...
- 01/05/17--09:15: _Comment on Standalo...
- 01/05/17--12:32: _Comment on Standalo...
- 01/05/17--12:33: _Comment on Standalo...
- 01/05/17--14:07: _Comment on Standalo...
- 01/05/17--15:14: _Comment on Standalo...
- 01/05/17--16:03: _Comment on Standalo...
- 01/05/17--16:58: _Comment on Bogus Co...
- 01/05/17--17:31: _Comment on Standalo...
- 01/05/17--04:18: Comment on Beall’s List of Predatory Publishers 2017 by IndRes
- 01/05/17--07:54: Comment on Beall’s List of Predatory Publishers 2016 by H. Osmani
- 01/05/17--08:34: Comment on Is It Time to Retire ResearcherID? by Lynn Huntsinger
- 01/05/17--08:42: Comment on Is It Time to Retire ResearcherID? by Lynn Huntsinger
Yes, the publisher Global Journals, Inc. (US) is included on my list <a href="https://scholarlyoa.com/publishers/" target="_blank">here</a>.
[…] a métricas fajutas e revistas legítimas que foram sequestradas por editoras predatórias (Aqui!). Uma rápida olhada nas tabelas abaixo vai mostrar que a invasão do “trash […]
Congrats Beall for the good piece of work.
Please start a dynamic website so that people can search your journal list easily like thomson reuters journal search.
Please try to mention what was wrong about the individual journals in your list.
This publisher, International Association of Engineering and Management Education (IAEME) (IAEME Publication), is on my list and should be avoided by all honest researchers. It's a bogus publisher.
Perhaps that's a typo for "Biospectacle"?
I went to the website and...it has an Orchid ID!
Sorry, I see you mentioned that in your article--I leapt ahead. I so appreciate your work. There is an art project in all this somewhere.
You could join your professional or academic society and attend their conferences. Also help with the conferences, and participate in the society, they often can use it. There is a place and a reason for these things. And publish in journals supported by reputable, well known societies or groups. These free floating conference are a by product of the publication and resume industry and are mutually created by researchers and profit seeking companies to meet their mutual interests (and to allow some people to be reimbursed for vacations).
I think the pressure some Universities place on publishing in high profile Nature or Science-like journals takes away from the importance of being part of a scientific community of interest, and it is the reason why such journals are sometimes accused of overly-valuing novelty and undervaluing the more quotidian work that builds strong science (e.g. comments of nobel winner Randy Scheckman). For academics, the endless search for higher impact factors may lead you away from the journal that is within your community, because academic communities are often small--that used to be considered appropriate. So give your professional/academic journal another look! And when you review your colleagues, think about this. We have to think about impact in a different way (numbers are simple, easy, and entirely misleading in this case).
[…] Beall’s List of Predatory Publishers 2017 by Jeffrey Beall. […]
Or maybe just lifted from "SpectraCal", an apparently legitimate US based video calibration company?
and they have a Facebook page with 25 "likes" -- sucker list?
I agree it might be "biospectacle" or "biospectacular" and could be related to "bio-exorcism". It would be a "miscreant" journal..... "Adam and Barbara remain invisible to Charles and Delia, teenage Lydia can see the ghost couple and befriends them. Against Juno's advice, the Maitlands contact the miscreant Betelgeuse, Juno's former assistant and now freelance "bio-exorcist" ghost, to scare away the Deetzes."
Look to archive (vol. 1 only so far): "Downlad PDF" :::)))
The horse logo of this journal also brings to mind the Springer logo.
The ORCID account has already been suspended.
What you have done Jeff?
now you increased the results of the Google search !
Thanks for the heads up Jeffrey - just received an SGEM 2017 Conference email. The Vienna address is at the same place as
Ungarisches Kirchensoziologisches Institut - google translates as "The Hungarian Institute of Church Ecology"...
and they have a Facebook page....