- RSS Channel Showcase 9670805
- RSS Channel Showcase 2332993
- RSS Channel Showcase 2442146
- RSS Channel Showcase 2652355
Articles on this Page
- 01/11/17--06:00: _Comment on Misleadi...
- 01/11/17--06:04: _Comment on Juniper ...
- 01/11/17--06:30: _Comment on Appeals ...
- 01/11/17--06:31: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 01/11/17--07:41: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 01/11/17--02:32: _Comment on When “Sc...
- 01/11/17--08:39: _Comment on When “Sc...
- 01/11/17--09:51: _Comment on When “Sc...
- 01/11/17--10:01: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 01/11/17--10:29: _Comment on Introduc...
- 01/11/17--10:35: _Comment on Introduc...
- 01/11/17--10:35: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 01/11/17--10:36: _Comment on When “Sc...
- 01/11/17--11:39: _Comment on List of ...
- 01/11/17--11:42: _Comment on List of ...
- 01/11/17--11:44: _Comment on List of ...
- 01/11/17--11:46: _Comment on List of ...
- 01/11/17--14:45: _Comment on When “Sc...
- 01/11/17--17:30: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 01/12/17--03:28: _Comment on Publishe...
- 01/11/17--06:04: Comment on Juniper Publishers — Rotten to the Core by Anonymous
- 01/11/17--06:30: Comment on Appeals by Jeffrey Beall
- 01/11/17--07:41: Comment on Beall’s List of Predatory Publishers 2017 by Haile
- 01/11/17--02:32: Comment on When “Science and Education” Go Bad by KN
- 01/11/17--08:39: Comment on When “Science and Education” Go Bad by Jeffrey Beall
- 01/11/17--09:51: Comment on When “Science and Education” Go Bad by John
- 01/11/17--10:01: Comment on Beall’s List of Predatory Publishers 2017 by newzolt
- 01/11/17--10:36: Comment on When “Science and Education” Go Bad by Jeffrey Beall
- 01/11/17--11:39: Comment on List of Predatory Publishers 2014 by Miara
- 01/11/17--11:42: Comment on List of Predatory Publishers 2014 by Miara
- 01/11/17--11:44: Comment on List of Predatory Publishers 2014 by Jeffrey Beall
- 01/11/17--11:46: Comment on List of Predatory Publishers 2014 by Jeffrey Beall
- 01/11/17--14:45: Comment on When “Science and Education” Go Bad by davidl53
- 01/11/17--17:30: Comment on Beall’s List of Predatory Publishers 2016 by NAHAR
[…] to current edition of each list: • Predatory Publishers • Predatory standalone journals • Misleading metrics companies • Hijacked […]
Just received this one today
"Dear Dr. XXXXXX XXXXXXXX,
Hope you are doing well.
GJAA is a newly launched Journal which lack’s the sufficient Reviewers & Editorial Board Members.
While I was in the process of determining the Board, I found your profile online and I would like to have you on our editorial board for our Global Journal of Archaeology & Anthropology.
If you wish to review or edit for us, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope you will not disappoint us.
Please note: We’d love your feedback on this invitation. Please email thoughts and suggestions to us
1890 W Hillcrest Dr, Newbury Park, CA 91320 United States
No, and it's not on my list.
This publisher (and the journal) are not on my list at this time.
Dear Dr. Beall,
Is MDPI a predatory publisher?
thanks in advance
Dear Dr. Jeff,
What is your opinion on the new Journal of Inequalities in Mathematics with Applications (http://journalima.com/index.php/JIMA/index)?
No opinion yet.
Dear Mr Beall
Isn't there any way to check where the ISSN of a particular journal is indexed? I know if included in Scopus we can see some information on Scimago but most low quality journals will not get there. I wonder how the officials of India allow a person to register a journal with the name starting with American Journal of blabla
Is this predatory journal?
A faculty member I know just "presented" at a JAABC conference. The title of the conference is "The Finance, Economics, Management, IT, Marketing, MIS, Global Business, and Healthcare Management Research Conference" in Miami. She submitted a paper on "Understanding Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Behaviors of Tourism Organizations". She did not receive word that the paper had been accepted until December 6th, for a conference being held on December 16th. Looking at the website is painful and obvious to me (an administrative assistant, not an academic) that it wasn't at least a prestigious conference, and even barely legitimate. Unfortunately, the faculty member spent her whole travel budget for the year on this conference in an effort to publish anything before going up for tenure this year.
Is there any way to definitively prove that this is a fraudulent conference/organization?
I wish I had a way to prove that the fraudulent conferences were fraudulent.
I don't know of a reliable, centralized source for authenticating ISSNs.
Hello Jeffrey Beall
I need to know what is the difference between Hindawi Publishing Corporation, World scientific, and Bentham Open? Cuz all follow the “author fee” model for Open Access publishing.
Could you please tell me if the The Open Plant Science Journal by Bentham Open is predatory?
I recommend against publishing in any journals from Bentham Open. I have it included on my list <a href="https://scholarlyoa.com/publishers/" target="_blank">here</a>.
These are different publishing companies. Hindawi and Bentham Open are open access and use the gold (author-pays) publishing model.
I think World Scientific uses the subscription or "traditional" publishing model.
Now, it seems, there are predatory ISSN verification sites.
This site appears to assist in allowing anyone to innovate a valid ISSN. Among other things, it provides a checksum test of validity for the 8-digit string but it doesn't do more. Enter a series of numbers ant it will return Valid/Invalid without reporting on whether the ISSN has been assigned.
The site offers a look-up "service" for journals' ISSNs by -- click on a category and a list of journals is returned -- however the listing seems to include only journals of publishers included on Beall's list.
Hello Sir. Is INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF APPLIED RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY (http://www.ijart.info/) a predatory journal? Thank you.
I've just received this email inviting me to become a editorial member because of my "expertise". The problem is that I'm a mere PhD student.
Dear Dr. Jhonatan Christian Maraschin,
Wishes from EC Pharmacology and Toxicology!
I am here to represent EC Pharmacology and Toxicology (ECPT) journal that is serving as a publication platform for global researchers. The journal is having a team of eminent Editorial Panel members with expertise in various disciplines of Pharmacology and Toxicology. Please go through the below links.
Having seen your profile, I felt you are one of the most suitable personality with expertise in the desired field. So, I would be delighted to have you as an Editorial Panel member for EC Pharmacology and Toxicology.
Hope to have your precious collaboration!
With Kind Regards,
Ms. Rose Carolyn
EC Pharmacology and Toxicology
Contact: +44 20 3769 9658