- RSS Channel Showcase 3648654
- RSS Channel Showcase 3435210
- RSS Channel Showcase 8494642
- RSS Channel Showcase 4581767
Articles on this Page
- 11/24/16--07:06: _Comment on Bentham ...
- 11/24/16--07:33: _Comment on Two New ...
- 11/24/16--08:17: _Comment on Proposed...
- 11/24/16--08:34: _Comment on Three Op...
- 11/24/16--13:57: _Comment on Appeals ...
- 11/24/16--14:01: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 11/24/16--18:34: _Comment on USF Asso...
- 11/24/16--22:26: _Comment on Three Op...
- 11/24/16--23:02: _Comment on Three Op...
- 11/25/16--14:08: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 11/25/16--15:58: _Comment on Other pa...
- 11/25/16--23:27: _Comment on Another ...
- 11/26/16--00:00: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 11/26/16--00:19: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 11/26/16--00:23: _Comment on Appeals ...
- 11/26/16--00:29: _Comment on Another ...
- 11/26/16--00:36: _Comment on Appeals ...
- 11/26/16--00:38: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 11/26/16--00:41: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 11/26/16--04:24: _Comment on A True P...
- 11/24/16--08:34: Comment on Three Open-Access Publishers from Turkey by kpmitton
- 11/24/16--13:57: Comment on Appeals by Jeffrey Beall
- 11/24/16--22:26: Comment on Three Open-Access Publishers from Turkey by Frank
- 11/25/16--15:58: Comment on Other pages by Jeffrey Beall
- 11/26/16--00:00: Comment on Beall’s List of Predatory Publishers 2015 by Trudy Chen
- 11/26/16--00:23: Comment on Appeals by Jeffrey Beall
- 11/26/16--00:36: Comment on Appeals by Jeffrey Beall
- 11/26/16--00:38: Comment on Beall’s List of Predatory Publishers 2015 by Trudy Chen
- 11/26/16--04:24: Comment on A True Predator: Austin Publishing Group by Prabhu
A publisher that expand to quickly may end up with some poor editors/journals. I have experience with Open Orthopedics published by Bentham Open and have reviewed for them. Where I suggested reject, papers were not published. I have published more than 300 papers and seen good and bad practices from print and open access journals. I have had papers rejected By Open Orthopaedics ( that were good enough to be accepted elsewhere). I have had them check up on abstracts of papers to explain "overlap" so they seem to conduct rigorous checking for plagarism. They are listed in PubMed. It seems to be a very good journal. Although not top is the field, not every paper can go in the top journals which reject 80-90% of their content. Interestingly many of these journals are starting lower tier open access journals to publish some of this work themselves. I like other get invited by predatory journals outside of my field. I think we should try and figure out which journals are trying to be good open access journals and help them improve if needed and which are corrupt and educate authors- but we should be careful not to misclassify some journals especially in cases where a publisher has some good and some not so good journals...
Yep, I got a spam email from them today inviting me to be on an editorial board.
I have attended a conference organized by Curtis Wyss (Curtis and Wyss Group). It was an excellent one and i will love to attend more of there conferences in future
Reblogged this on <a href="https://kenmitton.wordpress.com/2016/11/24/three-open-access-publishers-from-turkey/" rel="nofollow">Ken Mitton, PhD FARVO</a> and commented:
We eat lots of turkey today in the USA. Jeff's blog tells us about more predatory publishers from Turkey. Reposted here for your education. Jeff also blogs using Wordpress.
I have this journal's publisher (Research and Reviews International Journals) included on my publisher list. I recommend you avoid all journals from this publisher, including the one you mentioned.
This journal is on my standalone journal list. I recommend all researchers avoid it I don't know if its ISSN is real or not, but it doesn't matter, as this is a low-quality journal that should not be considered for publication.
I am a MLIS student and I applaud Beall's efforts!
Hmmmm being polically overcorrect and not blaming the country (which has many nice people living there).... (I strongly disapprove the current polical environment in Turkey).
What are the predatory journals dealing with turkeys (I mean predatory journals in ornitology and are there any pulishers to give thanks to?
As a citizen of Turkey, I am aware of the current situation, but this does not mean that people establish questionable journals, and as also a co-editor of three journals, I will keep these information in mind so as not to become a predatory journal. You can look at my journals at jotcsa, jotcsb and jotcsc by googling. Thank you, Dr. Beall, for this piece of information, and happy Thanksgiving!
If you mean the journal with this title published by a publisher called Science and Education Publishers, then I recommend against submitting any papers to this journal. I have this publisher on my list and advise everyone to avoid any association with it.
Yes, it's a low quality journal that everyone should avoid. It's publisher, SCITECH, is included on my list here: publishers/
excuse me, I wanna ask if ICECABS.org legit or no?
do you recommend to present my paper there or no?
Dear Prof. Beal,
This particular journal: International Journal of Advanced and Applied Sciences is indexed in ISI. Each author needs to pay a fee and the article is guaranteed to be published, almost regardless of quality. Articles can range from any discipline. Is this a predator journal?
Thank you so much. Trudy. Jeffrey Beall commented: "No, it's not okay. Both publishers (Sciedu Press and Science Publishing Corporation Inc.) are on my list, and I stand by the listing in both cases."
IJAAS is in my list. I recommend you find a stronger journal for your work. This is a low-quality journal.
This is a difficult or impossible situation. These publishers are increasingly like criminal organizations. It's hard to give advice in such cases because there's little good advice to give.
I am unable to access this website. Are you sure you wrote the name correctly.
I do not think this is a predatory conference.
Thanks so much.
Why then does Thomson Reuters acknowledge such journal? I am sometimes very confused. Thomson Reuters is the so called quality assurance we look at. Yet this happens? Why don't you work with Thomson Reuters and advise them?
Thank you so much for your work.
Thomson Reuters makes many mistakes.
Also, some journals provide false information and state they are included in TR databases when they are really not included.
Heighten Science Publication (http://www.heighpubs.com/membership.php) seems to be another new company of people involved in Austin Publishing Group (http://www.austinpublishinggroup.com/) and SM Group Journals (http://smjournals.com/). It is based in hyderabad and owned by Chandrasekhar Gundabattula (Director, Heighten Science Publication, Lot-13, Flat 501, Sujata Residency, Serilingampalli, Hyderabad, TS 500019) and Iswarya Uppalapti (Director, Heighten Science Publication, Plot-1322, Flat-102, Vidhya Hills Apartment, Pragathi, Kukatpally, Hyderabad TS 500090)