Articles on this Page
- 12/31/16--11:22: _Comment on Is It Ti...
- 12/31/16--11:30: _Comment on Appeals ...
- 01/01/17--04:41: _Comment on Appeals ...
- 01/01/17--05:00: _Comment on Appeals ...
- 01/01/17--05:16: _Comment on Appeals ...
- 01/01/17--05:57: _Comment on Appeals ...
- 01/02/17--01:31: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 01/02/17--02:03: _Comment on Appeals ...
- 01/02/17--03:03: _Comment on MedCrave...
- 01/02/17--03:37: _Comment on MedCrave...
- 01/02/17--03:39: _Comment on Appeals ...
- 01/02/17--03:41: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 01/02/17--03:49: _Comment on Appeals ...
- 01/02/17--04:31: _Comment on MedCrave...
- 01/02/17--05:24: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 01/02/17--05:48: _Comment on Beall’s ...
- 01/02/17--06:34: _Comment on Bentham ...
- 01/02/17--07:43: _Comment on Oncotarg...
- 01/02/17--14:10: _Comment on Oncotarg...
- 01/02/17--16:18: _Comment on Mikhail ...
- 12/31/16--11:22: Comment on Is It Time to Retire ResearcherID? by Herr Doktor Bimler
- 12/31/16--11:30: Comment on Appeals by Jeffrey Beall
- 01/01/17--04:41: Comment on Appeals by Rasiq Kelassanthodi
- 01/01/17--05:00: Comment on Appeals by Jeffrey Beall
- 01/01/17--05:16: Comment on Appeals by weimin wang
- 01/01/17--05:57: Comment on Appeals by Jeffrey Beall
- 01/02/17--02:03: Comment on Appeals by Kasra
- 01/02/17--03:39: Comment on Appeals by Jeffrey Beall
- 01/02/17--03:49: Comment on Appeals by Jeffrey Beall
- 01/02/17--06:34: Comment on Bentham Open: Evidence of Article Brokers? by Ted Miller
I think the Malaysian address is supposed to be a branch office. Along with branches in China, Britain, Germany, India and Togo, to reassure the reader about the size of this multinational publishing empire. Except that the Indian address is just a post office —
Euro Asia Research and Development Association
1C/14 Ramesh Nagar
Delhi Pin Code 110015
— and the other branches are only narrowed down to a street or a building in an office complex, without an identifying number, so they are as fraudulent as everything else about Euroasiapub.
Thanks, I have this journal included on my standalone journal list <a href="https://scholarlyoa.com/individual-journals/" target="_blank">here</a>.
Thank you for the reply and Happy new year,
I have one more question, what are the trusty open access journals other than from Elsevier, Springer, Taylor & Francis ?
How about the below journal,
this one is not in your list!
It’s not on my list now, but it used to be on my list. Many still find it fishy.
in new list, the “international journal of electrochemical science” disappears.
salute to jeffrey beall and his group.
This journal remains on my list <a href="https://scholarlyoa.com/individual-journals/" target="_blank">here</a>.
sir is british journal of medicine and medical research a predatory journal
Is Indian Journal of Science and Technology (http://www.indjst.org/index.php/indjst/index) predatory or respected journal?
The Medcrave Journal of Psychology and Clinical Psychiatry appears on the Directory of Open Access Journals <a href="https://doaj.org/toc/2373-6445?source=%7B%22query%22%3A%7B%22filtered%22%3A%7B%22filter%22%3A%7B%22bool%22%3A%7B%22must%22%3A%5B%7B%22term%22%3A%7B%22index.issn.exact%22%3A%222373-6445%22%7D%7D%2C%7B%22term%22%3A%7B%22_type%22%3A%22article%22%7D%7D%5D%7D%7D%2C%22query%22%3A%7B%22match_all%22%3A%7B%7D%7D%7D%7D%2C%22from%22%3A0%2C%22size%22%3A100%7D" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">website</a>:
Does this mean that this journal is a legitimate one? Or should one stay away from it?
Your feedback and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
In my opinion, MedCrave is a dangerous publisher. It is on my list. I strongly recommend against sending papers to this publisher’s journals and against serving on its editorial board.
I have its publisher, the Indian Society of Education and Environment (ISEE), included on my list. I recommend against submitting manuscripts to any of this publisher’s journals. I don’t think it’s an authentic “society.” I think it’s just a firm that wants to make easy money using open-access publishing.
This journal is published by a company called ScienceDomain. I have this firm on my list and recommend against publishing in all of its journals, including the one you list.
Both of these journals are published by a company called <strong>Research, Science, and Technology Publishers (RST</strong>). I have this publisher included on my list <a href="https://scholarlyoa.com/publishers/" target="_blank">here </a>and recommend against sending papers to any of its journals.
Thanks Jeffery for the prompt reply. I also noted that you have put Frontiers as a predatory publisher, but not PLOS One…?
As a researcher in psychology, I’m finding it increasingly hard to find credible publishers that offer quick publication whilst simultaneously maintaining academic rigor :(
Sir is international journal of humanities and social sciences invention predatory journal
One quite legitimate Bentham practice is to ask editorial board members to guest-edit an issue each year, taking responsibility for recruiting the papers & editing them. If the guest editor is from China, it would not be uncommon to see the papers recruited all come from China. Again, some issues will be papers drawn from a conference. A guest editor also might deliberately promote some uniformity in titling — or not be a Native English speaker and therefore consider those machine translations accurate. I joined a Bentham editorial board for an inaugural issue in 2007 but never became very active other than contributing an article to that issue and doing some reviewing. They try to improve their quality/volume of articles by offering Editorial Board members a free submission each year, recently expanded that offer for leading authors to cover multiple submissions across multiple journals.
[…] La rassegna superflua e con altro plagio riciclato, comprata da uno spennapolli […]
[…] later found out this page (https://scholarlyoa.com/2016/04/19/oncotargets-peer-review-is-highly-questionable/) where Oncotarget was listed as one of the potential predator journals by Jeffery Beall. Suddenly […]
[…] journals by Jeffery Beall (another criticism about the same editor-in-chief and publisher here: https://scholarlyoa.com/2016/12/06/mikhail-blagosklonnys-journal-aging-a-review/). Suddenly it makes sense. As a young journal (first published on 2010), Oncotarget had obtained […]